Any company in the world must be registered following government rules to legally operate. India has its own rules and procedures to follow. If you are planning to start a business in India, it is best to be knowledgeable about this.
Steps on How to do Company Registration
After you have decided what type of business you wanted to open in India, create a name, and gather all the needed documents, its time to do the registration. To register a company, the following are the incorporation steps required:
- All companies in India must register at the Registrar of Companies (ROC), a department under the supervision of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
- Obtaining a Digital Signature which is an encrypted key a person uses to sign documents digitally. This is can be acquired by visiting the nine certifying authorities websites.
- Apply for Directors Identification Number (DIN).
- Filing of Incorporate India Company Forms. This would be the Simplified Proforma for Incorporating Company Electronically.
- Registering under Shop and Establishment Act if required. This is to ensure that local labor law is followed and varies from state to state.
- It is a must to open a current account for your business as most banks don’t allow usage of a personal bank account.
- Register for the Goods and Services Tax (GST) if your company would be engaging in some form of commercial trade and exchange of goods or services across state borders or if the annual turnover is exceeding Rs. 20 lakh.
Once all are done, the investors will receive a certificate of incorporation.
3E Accounting India – How it can Help?
Company registration in India is not that hard to do if you the knowledge and have the time to do this. If you are a foreign investor, seeking professional help would make the job easier for you. 3E Accounting India is the best consultancy firm to choose from. They are a reputable company that can provide good advice and support regarding your business needs. They provide a comprehensive India company incorporation services to the clients. You will feel the ease of how to do company registration through them. You can be assured that starting your business would be a success. Contact them now if you are ready to start doing business in India.