Buying an engagement ring is not only a big investment but also a special one. Hence, you need to be very cautious and careful before purchasing these diamonds. Lab-Grown diamonds are also known as artificial diamonds, culture diamonds, man-made diamonds, or engineered diamonds.
Budget, carat, size, color, and clarity are some of the essential things that you need to consider before buying cultured diamond engagement rings. A very common question that the customers ask is: what is the difference between mined and artificial diamonds. Let’s clear one thing- just because the name is artificial doesn’t mean that they are fake diamonds. Both exhibit the same physical and chemical properties but they differ only in terms of their production process. The natural diamonds are mined from beneath the earth’s surface and the artificial ones are grown at a controlled temperature. Also, the lab-grown diamonds are ethically sourced and are considered a sustainable and environment-friendly option. To answer your question, artificial diamonds are real diamonds. These diamonds are not only eco-friendly but also budget-friendly and can be customized based on your choice.
Choosing your engagement ring should be an exciting process and not a stressful one. So it’s important to know important things about artificial diamonds.
- Lab-frown diamonds are real diamonds retaining the same properties as mined diamonds. The only difference lies in their origin.
- Another interesting thing to know is that both mined and artificial diamonds look the same which optically difficult to compare. In other words, even a professional will not be able to compare the two visually. To make a comparison, these diamonds need to be tested with the use of special machines.
- One of the excellent ways to differentiate lab-grown and mined diamonds is by checking their price tag. There’s a huge difference between their costs. Mined diamonds are expensive because they are natural resources and have to be extracted from underneath the earth’s surface through mining. However, man-made diamonds are grown under controlled conditions. There’s a 20 to 30% difference in their price.
- The time taken to manufacture synthetic diamonds is approximately 6 to 8 weeks. Mainly, two processes are used- HPHT and CVT.
- The gradation used for lab-grown diamonds is the same as that of mined diamonds. The 4Cs are used for grading them- Cut, Color, Clarity, and Carat. Do not buy a diamond without checking their certification. It should be certified by a reputed lab.
Choosing lab-grown diamonds have several advantages over mined diamonds. This is because they are affordable, sustainable, environment-friendly, and are available in multiple color options. Also, there are no histories of human rights violations and forced child labor which is very much prevalent in the diamond industry. It’s truly something that’ll make you feel good about! If you need to wish to learn more differences between mined and artificial diamonds, you can refer to synthetic diamonds blog. Knowing the comparisons is extremely important so that you feel confident and good about your purchase.